All BML recharge rates are subject to a 36.0% Non-University Differential (NUD) fee for non-University clients effective 7/1/2022.
Apply to Use BML or BMR Resources
- Per UC policy, University-approved recharge rates include a Non-University Differential (NUD)* for all non-University users for the use of facilities, resources and/or services that operate as self-supporting activities.
- The NUD is a component of the University’s federally negotiated indirect cost rate and is applied to recover indirect costs incurred by BML when providing services to non-University users. The NUD is derived from the Total Facilities and Administration Cost Rate (F&A) charged to sponsors of contracts and grants.
- Components that are not typically utilized by outside clients, including Library, Sponsored Project Administration, and Equipment, are deducted from the F&A to arrive at the NUD.
The Budget & Institutional Analysis (BIA) division of UC Davis has determined that Non-UC affiliate researchers who hold a Research Associate (WOS) courtesy appointment at BML are not exempted from the NUD assessment.
For multi-year budget planning, we recommend adding an escalator of 3%/yr for all recharge services. UC policy requires that all BML recharge rates be reviewed annually and adjusted as appropriate to ensure full cost recovery.
Housing and Conference Rates
Tenant Space Rates
Note: All BML recharge rates are subject to a 36% Non-University Differential (NUD) assessment for non-University clients.
- Office Space - $44.87 sf/yr (includes reasonable use of electricity)
- Dry Laboratory Space - $44.87 sf/yr
- Wet Laboratory Space - $44.87 sf/yr (does not include seawater)
- Seawater - $0.000391 gal/yr (total gal/yr to be estimated)
- Aquariums - 50 Gal - $17.39/month
Outside Facilities (Includes reasonable use of electricity, < 750 kwh/month)
- Greenhouse Space - $10.41 sf/yr
- Freezer/Space Storage - $20.54 sf/yr
- Dive Locker - $10.74 sf/yr
- Outside Ground Space - $11.39 sf/yr
Aquatic Resources Group Recharge Rate
Use requires a launch preparation fee equal to one hour per cruise at the applied rate in addition to total engine hours used. All rates include fuel.
Hard Hull Class: - $86/Hr
- Cape Horn 19′ Fiberglass center console outboard
- Seahorse 20’ workskiff w/ shade canopy & forward work deck, outboard + kicker
Larger Hard Hull - $225/Hr
- Sturgeon 27’ workskiff w/ enclosed cabin, aft work deck, electric davit, twin outboards
Inflatables Class - $75/Hr
- Henricia 15’ open hypalon inflatable, outboard
- Captain Morgan 10′ open RHIB Inflatable, outboard
- Kayak Class - $36/day - Several one and two-paddler kayaks available
Kayak use requires advance checkout by authorized BML personnel; See kayak-specific guidelines.
Use requires a launch preparation fee equal to one hour per cruise at the applied rate in addition to total engine hours used.
- Rate (includes fuel, captain & deckhand) - $381/Hr
Marine Operations Labor Rate
Additional deckhand, licensed boat operator for recharge activities, excursion group leader, instructional assistance, other watercraft-related labor
Boating Safety Program Tuition Rates
Motorboat Operation Training Course & CA Course for Safe Boating
*UC Rate = $1,000 per person
Physical Plant Recharge Rate