How to establish and set up a UCD (mail) account:
Student accounts: Established automatically at registration.
- See how to configure your email client for your DavisMail account
- How to add your email address to the BML mail lists for lab wide announcements via email
Staff accounts: Once you have received confirmation that you are in the UCD payroll system you can create your UCD account. This account is both your email ID and your kerberos account for other UCD services.
Establishing your account:
- Go to http://accounts.ucdavis.edu
- Select “Get your UC Davis Computing Account”
- Follow the prompts to create your account.
Please make a note of:
- Your email address
- Your login or user i.d. (may be different than your email address)
- Your Password: You may forget this, so commit it to memory, write it down in a safe place, or use a service such as KeePass. Kerberos passwords can be reset through a series of challenge questions otherwise a password change token must be issued by UCD and can take up to 24 hours.
Other useful email instructions:
- Configuring settings for Email client applications
- How to have your email address added to the BML mail lists for lab-wide announcements
- Office 365 - Checking your email with a web client
- Office 365 - Automated Out-of-Office Replies
Accounts for other affiliates: If you are a long-term volunteer/visitor who needs a UCD account for email, etc. please contact your sponsor (your P.I. or host). Your sponsor can facilitate this process by initiating a Temporary Affiliate Form [TAF].