CMSI maintains internal mail lists for our UC Davis affiliates to communicate with each other, as well as a broader Mailchimp distribution list we use to communicate with affiliates, partners, stakeholders and supporters. You can sign up for the appropriate lists here. Within 5 business days, you will receive a confirmation of your list subscriptions.
More details on our e-mail distribution lists
Mailchimp distribution list
This is our primary method of communication, both internally to our UC Davis affiliates and externally to our partners, stakeholders, and supporters. We use this list to send quarterly updates, donor communications, newsletters, breaking news, and events. We will use the information you submit through this form to sign you up for this list. Please also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to prevent our messages from going to your junk folder.
You can manage your preferences or unsubscribe anytime using the link at the bottom of every Mailchimp e-mail.
CMSI and BML Sympa mail lists
Our sympa lists are for specific purposes and not open to the public. Below are a few of the most commonly used sympa lists. We will use the information you submit through this form to sign you up for the correct sympa mail lists.
Common Sympa Lists
- CMSI-Careers: For current and alumni CMSI affiliates to share job, internship and fellowship announcements.
- CMSI-FYI: For current and alumni CMSI affiliates to share broader funding opportunities, events and professionally relevant news.
- BML-Residents: For everyone who is a resident at BML on a daily basis: all BML undergraduate and graduate students, post docs, faculty, staff, short or long-term resident researchers, volunteers and docents. This list is intended for internal announcements, such as "Seawater system..." or "Seeking a ride to Davis...".
- BMLGrads: For all BML graduate students and postdocs.
Managing Sympa List Subscriptions
Visit the UCD sympa website and sign in with your e-mail. From there, you’ll be able to view and manage your list subscriptions.
Subscribe through your e-mail
- Send an email to email@example.com from the address you want to subscribe to the list.
- In the subject line of your message, type in: subscribe nameofthelist Firstname Lastname (replace 'nameofthelist' with the name of the list you want to subscribe to and indicate your own first and last name).
- Leave the message body blank and send.
After this, you will receive a message telling you whether your request was accepted or not: If the subscription to the list is subject to any approval, the list owner may choose not to subscribe you. If so, do not send several other requests as the result will remain the same. You may send a message directly to the list owner (firstname.lastname@example.org) to explain why you really want to subscribe to the list...
Note: You will sometimes be asked to confirm your subscription request before it can be processed. If so, please follow the instructions listed in the message you receive.
Unsubscribe through your e-mail
- From the address with which you subscribed to the list, send an email message to email@example.com.
- In the subject line of your email, type in: unsubscribe nameofthelist (replace 'nameofthelist' with the name of the list you want to unsubscribe from).
- Leave the message body blank.