Research Interests: Abalone fishery, ecology, and conservation Current Projects:
- Examination of abalone fishery independent (subtidal) and dependent (creel survey) data.
- Assessment of abalone populations using subtidal video information
- Abalone growth studies
Volunteer(s) are needed to do the following:
- Interview recreational abalone divers and shore pickers (creel surveys)
- Review subtidal video tapes
- Assist with subtidal abalone surveys (MUST be UC res. cert. diver)
- Assist with abalone growth study
For further information contact Laura Rogers-Bennett.