Daily Coronavirus Symptom Survey
Everyone — students, employees, visitors — must complete a Daily Symptom Survey before entering a university-managed facility.
All UC Davis affiliates and non-affiliates must complete the Daily Symptom Survey before arrival at BML whenever you plan to come onsite, BEFORE you enter facilities. The survey takes less than 1 minute to complete - please consider completing the survey from home, before you arrive at BML.
- You are required to complete BOTH the Daily Access Log and the Symptom Survey.
- If you are not entering any BML/BMR facilities and will be outdoors only, you do not need to complete the Symptom Survey - however you must complete the Daily Access Log.
There is signage at the Lab entrances with a QR code that links to the survey (symptomsurvey.ucdavis.edu) so that, if necessary, you can fill it out on your phone before entering the facility- but note that if you complete the survey on site and your survey results fall into the "not approved" category, you may not access any BML/BMR facilities and must leave. More information on non-approval is below.
ONLY indicate symptoms that have developed in the past 24 hours and are not from a known or chronic condition.
Immediately after completing the survey, you will receive an approval or non-approval. In both cases you will receive an email confirming your status. Keep your status confirmation email for 30 days in case you are asked to verify your status for compliance monitoring.
If approved, you may proceed in accessing BML/BMR facilities.
If you are NOT approved you may not enter any UC Davis, BML or BMR facilities (with the exception of BML Housing if you are a resident) until you have received a medical release from your physician.
You are advised to shelter in your residence and:
- Contact your supervisor or PI immediately and inform them you will not be at work today.
- Contact your primary care physician for follow-up care and advice.
- Obtain a medical release before returning to work or using University facilities.
- If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Outside visitors and vendors can complete the online Symptom Survey or may be screened verbally by their BML/BMR host or the Lab Manager. The host or Lab manager will ask the non-affiliate the symptom survey questions and the non-affiliate will respond and obtain verbal confirmation of approval. No signature or paperwork will be collected. The above stated policies on how to proceed if approved or not approved apply.
Questions about this process should be directed to your BML host, supervisor, PI, or project lead.
If you make a mistake on the survey notify your supervisor.
More information can be found at UC Davis Campus Ready Daily Symptom Survey.