TESTING IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS FACILITIES
Continued testing is currently required to enter BML facilities or for using BMR.
All UC employees and students must complete a COVID-19 test once per week (regardless of vaccination status), either on campus or using a mail-in test kit ("Picture Genetics") if at BML for greater than one week (see below). Mail-in test kits can only be provided by contacting Jennifer Sauter or Al Carranza with the student or employee ID number so they can forward a request to campus so kits can be mailed to people.
Non-UC people - Weekly testing is required for all non-UC people entering buildings or BML facilities, or working on the Reserve. Non-UC people who can provide verification of vaccination do not have to test on their own, please contact Al Carranza with your vaccination information. People without verification of vaccination will have to test weekly and show results (for free, local testing sites see the right sidebar on this webpage, under "Where to Get Tested in Sonoma County"). Campus will not cover Picture Genetics testing for non-UC people.
For BML and UC Davis Faculty Staff and Students
UC Davis has extended weekly COVID-19 testing benefits to UC Davis Faculty, Students and Staff who are residents and access UC Davis remote sites regularly, similar to the testing program on campus. Currently on campus, all employees and students who come to campus (not those working or taking classes remotely) are required to be tested weekly in order to access buildings.
- UC Davis affiliates coming to BML/BMR from campus (or surrounding regions) must be tested using the campus program, not the at-home test program.
- Access to UC Davis facilities is limited by policy to students and employees who remain current on testing every seven days. For UC Davis affiliates working at remote sites, at-home testing is now available through Picture Genetics.
- In order to continue accessing UC Davis facilities, employees and students will need to 1) verify via medical clearance that they have submitted a COVID-19 test in the last 7 days (see instructions), 2) complete an approved Daily Symptom Survey, or 3) are not entering University buildings.
- The UCD COVID testing requirement (mail-in test kit) is routine, therefore if you are not symptomatic, and have an “approved” status on the Daily Symptom Survey, you are not required to obtain the test results before you can plan to appear onsite.
- If you were exposed to COVID-19 or are symptomatic you should proceed with testing via the most expedient means and have a confirmed negative result before appearing onsite.
- You are required to report a positive test result.
ELIGIBILITY FOR AT-HOME TESTING
Students and employees (staff and academic) who are based out of remote facilities are eligible – including those who telecommute and also have in-facility responsibilities.
If you are primarily working remotely and not regularly working onsite, we request that you do not use the testing kits until you plan to come to BML.
- At-home testing is available once every seven days.
- At-home testing is NOT available for non-affiliates, such as family members.
- At-home testing DOES NOT include students participating in coursework entirely on a remote basis.
- At-home testing is NOT available to affiliates working in Yolo or Sacramento Counties who have access to COVID-19 testing on campus.
An initial list of BML/BMR students and employees has been provided to campus and those people should have already received an email regarding the at home testing procedures (detailed below). If you believe you should be on the list of people to be tested using the Picture Genetics at home kit and have not received the campus email, please contact Al Carranza as soon as possible.
Please address inquiries about eligibility or testing requirements to the BML COVID Workgroup.
ORDER TWO COVID-19 TEST KITS TODAY
1. Every week you should request a no-cost COVID-19 test kit redemption code (gift code) via the Supply Chain Management website.
- You will initially receive two gift codes from Supply Chain Management by email and you should request two test kits from Picture Genetics immediately.
- Once you use your first kit, be sure to request your next gift code, so you’ll always have a test kit ready at home.
2. Redeem your gift code online at Picture Genetics.
- Select “I have a code, but no kit” to request your kit
- Enter your gift code
- Enter demographic information required by state for data reporting
- Complete eligibility screening for symptoms
- Complete account creation or login
3. Test kits will arrive at your home via Fed Ex, typically within 48 hours.
RETURNING & RE-ORDERING TEST KITS
4. Follow the nasal-swab instructions in the test kit.
5. Return your nasal sample before 5 p.m. to a Fed Ex location on the same day it was taken. Your nasal sample must arrive at Picture Genetics’ lab within 48 hrs.
- Do not drop off sample at Fed Ex on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Do not drop off sample after Fed Ex’s last pick-up time (typically 5 p.m.).
6. Schedule time weekly to repeat steps 1-5, until further notification.
Your test results (positive or negative) will arrive via email within 24-48 hours of Picture Genetics receiving your nasal sample. UC Davis can also access your test results and the only people authorized to do so are the clinical staff at Occupational Health Services.
- Positive COVID-19 Test Results
Per policy, you must report your positive test result to UC Davis. Additionally,
- You will be contacted by UC Davis for contact tracing purposes and to identify any facility cleaning needs.
- You will be contacted by a physician contracted by Picture Genetics to review the results and receive instruction for isolation requirements. You will also be instructed to notify any close contacts who might be at risk.
- Your test result will be forwarded by Picture Genetics to the California Department of Public Health database, for reporting to your county’s public health agency.
- You may be contacted by county officials for contact tracing purposes.
- Inconclusive COVID-19 Test Results
- You will receive an email from Picture Genetics to re-test.
- Please use your back-up test kit to submit a new test as soon as possible.